The power is that it deeply involves ALL of the five sacred elements intertwined and intermingled:
- Earth (north) – body, flesh, bone, structure, terra firma
- Air (east) -breath, the space between, the atmosphere around, scent and sound
- Fire (south) – passion, energy, heat, friction, force, movement
- Water (west) – sweat, rushing blood, juices, fluid, slippery
- Spirit (center) – soul sharing, intimacy, unity, vulnerability
And then I realized… that is the power of THIS LIFE. It isn’t just about sex, it’s about our very lives! And THAT must be why sex, in it’s purest, most beautiful and unadulterated form is so powerful. It mirrors this LIFE. And that’s why, when sex is messed up, it’s messed up BIG time. It reaches so deep into our very being, and is a significant part of us (or more accurately, a mirror of our LIFE).
And that is why new LIFE is created by an act of sex! And that is why sexual abuse in all it’s many forms is so rampant. Because to have the illusion of control over someone else’s sexuality, is to have power over their very soul. But it is just an illusion, because by nature, one can never have power over another’s essence.
And that is why sexual healing is so important and so incredibly powerful. Healing from abuse or trauma is like becoming a new person.
So, if you are recovering from sexual abuse or trauma, I encourage you to incorporate rituals which call upon and honor the five sacred elements. Bring balance back into your life.
May all be healed, may you find freedom and may you find what awaits you in this life.
Peace and blessings of the Elements be yours.